Thursday, September 24, 2015

Day 40. NOLA

Bourbon Street and the French Quarter.  You can't go to New Orleans without going, right?  I'd been there before when I'd traveled to the area for work.  It was all new to Charlie.  He said the area reminded him of the "Block" in Baltimore.  Yes, there are wonderful restaurants and really nice hotels.  But there are also many "girly" bars and clubs.  I told Charlie that many years later, I found out that after my work team went out to dinner and returned to our hotel, the guys would turn right around and go back downtown to those bars! 











Charlie and I both love the architecture of the area.  We walked up and down the streets taking pictures.  It was a pleasant afternoon.



We stopped for a late lunch, where Charlie had oysters on the half shell and I had boudin.  I'd never heard of boudin, but my brother-in-law had encouraged me to have some.  Glad I did.  It's a sausage with a filling of meat and rice, similar in my mind to stuffed grape leaves, but with a mild cajun flavor.  Nice!  But we won't leave New Orleans until we both have some gumbo.







No comments:

Post a Comment