Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Day 17. Fun in Seattle



Up early today to eat breakfast and drive into Seattle to see the sights.  First stop, Pikes Place Market. How fun!  Of course, we enjoyed the fish market and I loved the flower stands.  I wasn’t able to convince Charlie that fresh flowers were just the thing for a camper traveling down the Pacificcoast.  But the colors and smell were intoxicating!  
 If I lived in Seattle, I’d go to Pikes Place every week.

 









Next stop, the Space Needle.  I have been to Seattle a million years ago and had seen the Space Needle.  This time, Charlie and I rode the elevator to the top.  It was so nice to see that the rain, and clouds, and smoke had cleared out enough to provide a pretty view.  The elevator ride was expensive given the time we stayed at the top, but we didn’t begrudge the fee for helping support this 53 year old World Fair icon.  I was tempted to visit the adjacent glass exhibit, but we couldn’t choke down the $50/person admission fee.  Just not a priority for us.

Seeing the Union Lake boathouses was a priority, however.  So neat.  We agreed that if we lived here, it would need to be in a boathouse on Union Lake.  Loved it.

Back at the campground, we ate bison burgers for dinner, the last of our Yellowstone fare.  Charlie also decided we needed some Key Lime pie for dessert.  Yes, it was yummy.


(Stay tuned for some nice video here when I am in an area with better signal strength.)

No comments:

Post a Comment