Thursday, September 10, 2015

Day 25. Wine Country and US 1

Our next stop is north of San Francisco, so we headed south on US 1 along the coast.  It's just beautiful, but the roads are windy and narrow.  Charlie absolutely hated it.  So at the first opportunity, we hopped off and moved to US 101. 

Not as beautiful, but we did have a chance to drive through more redwood forest and passed hills of vineyards.  I was excited when I realized we would be driving past the location of Ramey Wine Cellars.  Besides the fact that they produce wonderful wines, I was really keen to introduce myself and my ongoing quest to identify Ramey relatives who extend into California.  Damn it!  I didn't do enough research I guess, because the address I had only led us to a downtown Healdsburg location.  I wanted to see the vineyard and a nearby tasting room!  Well, I can order a bottle in Maryland!  Disappointed. 

The KOA has a nice big pool and a laundry.  Perfect!  We needed to do laundry, and it is about 25 degrees hotter here.  We thoroughly enjoyed the pool and hot tub while the laundry ran.  Nice.  Then we enjoyed a delicious tender steak with corn-on-the-cob, followed by wine and beer... a good evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment