Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Day 15. Coeur D'Alene again



First order of business in Coeur D’Alene was to visit my uncles’   It leaves me with a melancholy feeling.  My grandfather Ramey died before I was born, and grandma when I was very young.  As I stood at their sons’ graves, I felt their horror and pain and anger at losing not one, but two, sons in a span of a few short months.  And my dad, he lost his two big brothers.  And my aunts suffered the pain of that family loss.  So sad.  So I clean their headstones and mourn the loss of these two uncles I never knew.
gravesites.
 
Charlie and I really liked Coeur D’Alene when we visited before.  So we looked forward to spending time in town.  Boy, were we happy for the wind and the rain that made the air breathable for our visit!  There are nice shops downtown that we (i.e., I) enjoyed perusing.  We returned to The Fire restaurant where we ate during our last visit.  The salad and artisan pizza was fantastic!
And Coeur D’Alene’s fun sculptures!  I hope you enjoy them too!

No comments:

Post a Comment