Saturday, September 19, 2015

Day 34. Albuquerque, New Mexico

Today Charlie drove a l-o-n-g way so we were happy to finally arrive in Albuquerque.  Still, we decided to drive into Old Town for a delicious dinner.  It was an unexpected treat to arrive just in time to enjoy a concert in the plaza park. 

I have been to Albuquerque many times over the years while working with engineers and psychologists at Sandia National Laboratory.  This is the only time I've been here for leisure fun.  Driving down Central Avenue this evening gave me a different view of the city.  For example, there are lovely architectural design elements incorporated in highway noise barriers, overpasses, bridge finials, and median strips that are either new or, just as likely, I never noticed before.  I have a heighten appreciation for the city's beauty, and for that I'm pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment