Friday, June 22, 2012

Minnesota - Land of Lakes

Lake Bemidji State Park -- I'm really liking this campground. Great WIFI reception at the campsite PLUS not too many mosquitoes or flies.  So Charlie and I are presently sitting by the campfire -- free camp wood left by the previous campers THANKS -- while I write this post. 
 
If you are an outdoors person, you need to visit Minnesota.  Sporting supplies are sold everywhere.  And there are lakes!  While we were in the Upper Peninsula, we saw signs all over advertizing a Friday Fish Fry.  Of course, now that it's Friday, not a sign in sight in the Land of Lakes.

I was surprised how the majority of the rural roads we've seen are gravel.  I guess that makes sense in areas that are not heavily populated -- like Warba, population 101.  I love seeing so many population signs.  Speaking of signs, the Adopt a Highway program exists here as well, but the twist is that many of the stretches of road are dedicated to a lost loved one.  Nice, instead of an advertisement. 

Charlie has enjoyed seeing all the vintage cars -- we have seen so many being driven or just parked or being sold.  And for the most part they're in beautiful condition.  What's with that?  I guess vintage American cars are the toys of choice for the boys of the upper midwest.

To all my lady friends in the neighborhood sipping Friday night cocktails right now, Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you guys are having fun. Lots of miles, lots of memories. :)

    ReplyDelete