Thursday, June 14, 2012

Bonjour, Quebec!



Driving north out of Vermont, we passed a sign marking the "Midpoint between the North Pole and the Equator" ...hmmm.  I guess that's something.  Then further along on the drive, I saw my favorite local tshirt "Keep Vermont Weird" -- Like!

We have driven more than 2000 miles since June 1st -- just about time for an oil change again!  Knock on wood, no problems with the Explorer but to borrow a line from Jaws, I think we're gonna need a bigger truck.

We arrived at the Canadian border control, not knowing what to expect.  Would they want to search the camper?  (I did tidy up in case they would -- can't help it.)  Would it take a long time?  No, absolutely no problem.  In about 3 minutes we were on our way to our first stop -- the Canada visitor center.  The young man was very welcoming and supplied us with all the booklets and maps we needed to get to our campground outside Quebec City.  Now all we have to do tonight is figure out what to see and do in Quebec -- yea, that was one of those things that didn't get done before we left.  Have I mentioned how bummed I am that I won't have my fellow camper Clare to tell about my adventures?  Missing you, my friend.

4 comments:

  1. You're in Canada, perfect! Tonight that crazy Wallenda kid walks the wire across the Falls. If we call an impromptu Happy Hour tonight I'll be sure to serve a Canadian ale (Molson) in tribute to you. Remember to pepper your phrasing with 'eh's, and pronounce all instances of 'out' as 'oat' (as in "Eh Charlie, let's say we get oat and aboat in town this evening")

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be very disappointed with the Mainsail Drive Ladies if they go TWO WEEKS without happy hour!! I've been trying oat the eh's with Charlie :)

      Delete
  2. Not sure how all this works, but nowadays your posts are all appearing a day after their date. Have you time-warped my friend? :) So by the time I read today, Friday, about your Thursday, I am left wondering where you are now. Where's Waldo? Where's Ann? Didn't know Canada had "state parks" since they have provinces up there, but I guess I have learned something new.
    Chartreuse had their yard sale today, but I didn't go. Just not as much fun solo I guess.
    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The delay is probably due to some electronics being lost in translation. I also miss you, my dear, and our Friday morning Chartreuse trips!

      Delete