Monday, July 22, 2013

Old Orchard Beach

The trip to Old Orchard Beach was great!  I found the quilt shop in Nobleboro ME that I hoped to visit -- Main-ly Sewing Quilt Shop.  I had previously visited their booth at the quilt show in Chantilly VA this year.  What a cute shop, stocked full of luscious fabric!








We checked in at the Saco/Old Orchard Beach KOA, and quickly set out to explore Old Orchard Beach.  My first impression?  This is the anti-Maine.  What I mean is that this place is so different from the New England feel.  It's more like Ocean City MD or perhaps Rehoboth Beach DE.  But it's a very popular summer destination, and we plan to spend time in the sun there tomorrow.





We drove south on Route 1 to Kennebunkport to check out the George and Barbara Bush beach town.  Very nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment