Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Anniversary in Bar Harbor

Street-scape in Bar Harbor
We escaped the mosquito-infested woods of Cobscook Bay State Park.  It was a very hot but that didn't stop Charlie from lighting a camp fire.  It was too hot to sit in the camper -- way too hot.  But there were so many mosquitoes we thought maybe the fire and smoke would distract them from munching on us.  We bathed in Deet and didn't get bit, but it was very annoying.  Luckily, it cooled off nicely and we slept well, even without the benefit of AC.  (Note to self:  Resist the urge to stay at a campground, regardless of how picturesque, without electric service.) 


Sand bar off shore of Bar Harbor
We stopped for a nice breakfast, resisting the unbelievably awesome homemade pies, and drove to the Bar Harbor Woodland KOA.  After quickly setting up, we drove into town and strolled the streets, checking out the shops and potential sea glass-hunting spots along the shore.  After a delicious bowl of haddock chowder and a homemade roll, we were back at the campground.  That's when we realized that we had no WIFI connection at our site.  Four days here and no WIFI?  No way.  So we moved to another site.  Now I'm happy.




Speaking of happy, today is our 36th wedding anniversary.  Today I thought about the girls in my college dorm who were sure we would never last - Ha!  And how hot it was the day we married, like today!  And how much I love him - awww!  And my friends who were at our wedding and are still my friends today and whom I love!  And the new friends I've had in my life since then!  And the bad times and the good times and our daughters and son-in-laws and grandchildren!  And my brothers and sisters!  And how blessed I am!


Ship in port of Bar Harbor
This evening I'd like to say a special hello to my friend Margaret Preston.  Hope you enjoyed your recent visit with Jan!

No comments:

Post a Comment