Friday, August 12, 2016

Days 43-45. Goose Creek, South Carolina


The plan was to drive to the Charleston area and visit with my brother and sister-in-law at their lovely home on a golf course in Goose Creek.  What a nice location with the patio looking out over the course!  So you can imagine my shock when we rounded the corner to their street and spotted emergency response vehicles in the driveway.  A quick sprint to the front door and I was met by my sister-in-law saying, "He's alright!"  The initial flood of relief was tempered by how ill he looked as they carried him out to the ambulance.  We dropped the camper at the campsite and joined him at the emergency room.  You see, my brother had total knee replacement surgery a few days before.  Some confusion about the order of medication and dehydration had caused his symptoms, and he recovered without ill effect.  Whew!  We were able to spend time sitting and talking out on the patio, but I felt a tad bit less relaxed than usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment