Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Day 3: 2015 Row by Row Experience

Last night we stopped at a closeby Dollar General store to get eggs and bacon for breakfast.  But that delicious menu will have to wait -- out of propane for the stove and the KOA store didn't open til 9:00 a.m.  After large coffees and the finest breakfast McDonalds has to offer, we headed to our first stop of the day.

Sew Many Blessings Quilt Shop in Huntington WV is participating in the 2015 Row by Row Experience.  (rowbyrowexperience.com) It's a promotion intended to entice quilters into quilt shops as they travel during the summer months.  So before leaving West Virginia, we stopped and I picked up their unique design for a quilt row.  I will combine the rows I collect into a fun quilt.  I like their design, especially the use of nautical flags for W and V.

Our next stop was in Kentucky where I visited Among Friends Quilt Shop in Louisville.  I really like the shop and their row by row design is my favorite so far.  To this point I have collected four rows for my quilt including the two from my Maryland go-to shops, Capital Quilts in Rockville (capitalquilts.com) and Patches Quilt Shop in Mt. Airy (patchesquilting.com).  I'm a Happy Camper!

We arrived at the Louisville Metro KOA after navigating closed roads and lane closures.  After filling the propane tank and buying salad and salmon for dinner, we settled into a surprisingly restful night.  The proximity to a major highway, bridge construction, and railroad tracks proved not to be a match for the white noise generated by the camper's A/C unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment