Thursday, May 24, 2012

Quilts and Reunions

I've been distracted.  And I don't have time to be distracted!  But today I finished the six lap quilts that I had promised I would finish before our road trip.  What was I thinking??  A special thank you to Susan and Jenny who each motivated me to get it done.  Now I can concentrate on all the trip preparations.

Since the route of our trip has specifically been chosen to visit the places of my dad's youth and my grandparents' immigration to the US, it is very ironic that the Ramey family reunion is being held while we're away and I can't go.  Grandpa Simon Ramey was born and raised in South Carolina and all of his ancestors were from the South.  About 10 years ago when my genealogy obsession began, I left a question on a genealogy site.  A year or more later, I received a response and, yes, I had located my dad's family -- first cousins!  It turns out that the South Carolina relatives have been holding family reunions annually for more than 50 years!  My dad would have LOVED it.  Anyway, I'm curious about Grandpa's cross-country relocation to Idaho ... I think next June we'll head to Oconee County.




2 comments:

  1. Love the map and the music. But Ricky Nelson?! You and Susan must have been sampling wine while choosing music, you old farts! :)I am now an official follower. Wagon ho! And no, I'm not calling you a name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you guys! And I love the music on the blog! :) Speaking of which, I'll see if I can put together some playlists for you to burn to your phone or iTunes before you leave. xo

    ReplyDelete