Saturday, May 19, 2012

What’s the big idea?

Decades ago, Charlie and I were inspired by a comedy entitled, “Lost in America”  to one day travel the country in an RV.  Well, this summer we start that adventure!  Follow us as we visit Ellis Island, Cape Cod, Maine, Ben & Jerry’s, Canada, and make our way as far West as Idaho and Montana, and back through Iowa to Maryland.  Along the way, we will visit places important to my ancestors’ arrival from Ireland and Belgium, my grandfather’s contribution to Glacier National Park, my father’s youth and family tragedies, and my first generation Irish American grandmother.  Beyond the genealogy aspect, this trip is also just a chance to have a great time together — no kids, no dogs.  Wish us luck!!

Charlie and the camper on its maiden trip home.  It's a Starcraft AR-One 15RB.

2 comments:

  1. I wanted to be the first comment. And your first follower. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan! Your Quixotic Crafter blog is so good -- my inspiration!

      Delete