Friday, July 6, 2012

Minnesota, take two



The drive east to Albert Lea featured arrow-straight roads and corn rows, made interesting only by the wind turbines dotting the farm land -- the new cash crop?  It makes us wonder why communities in South Dakota and Wyoming, where the winds buffeted the camper, don’t take advantage of this natural resource too.  Farming wind.







Tonight we are staying at Myre Big Island State Park in Albert Lea, MN.  It’s lush with nice camping sites – and thankfully electric hookups because today’s temperature hit 97 degrees!  May I mention again how much we are enjoying a camper with AC? 

As we were pulling into the park my thoughts wandered to my friend Clare and I got a knot in my belly.  I wish you were still here so I could share with you the adventures of this trip and we would laugh.  But there were other tales and shared moments.  Maybe all the genealogy tracking has made me sentimental but, my friends, please know that you are important to my joie de vie.

Tomorrow, Iowa City, the last genealogy stop on our cross-country tour.

(Photos:  farming corn and wind; wooden silo near Cooney State Park, MT)



2 comments:

  1. Awesome photo of the teetering silo! For some reason, my spirits are lifting as you are nearing home. Can't wait to click through all your photos! Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy silo. Thanks Jenny, for confirming that is what it was (don't have my computer glasses on tonight).

    ReplyDelete